Twisted quilling leaf tutorial


I've been quilling and revisiting some old quilling techniques that I've done in the past and made some video tutorials of them about week ago. That was fun!

I remember many years ago when I made some twisted loops leaves and flowers as decorations on my handmade card, so many of my followers wanted a tutorial for it. But at that time I didn't even have a YouTube channel and I didn't know how to do a video tutorial either. I did however do a tutorial in 2012 on how to use two coloured quilling paper for the looping technique. So I did what I could by explaining it to them plus with the help of some photos and text that I added in my blog post. Back then I also used the quilling comb as a tool to do the looping technique. But in my latest tutorial here, I did it without the use of the quilling comb. You can try it with both.

Later, I learned how to twist the loops from a fellow quiller named Asma' Ahmad Bahari. I adore all her quilling art. She did a tutorial on it at her blog back then. If I am not mistaken, she did the twisting technique for her husking flower that she called the Royal flower. It was love at first sight for me. After that, I used that twisting technique whenever I made any quilling flowers that had loops. It's inevitable. I just had to do it. Because twisting the loops is fun! :).


As you can see from the photo above, you could also use one coloured quilling paper for this twisted quilling leaf technique. And you can also wrap around it with a few layers of quilling paper. It's all up to your imagination.



The photo above is an example of quilling leaves that I made in 2012.....I used only one dark green colour for the leaves. 


This is another throwback photo of my handmade card that I made in 2011 that shows how you can also make flowers with this the twisted quilling leaf technique. Yes you can. Just by choosing colours that are suitable for making flowers. I made this card in 2011.

Ok I hope you have collected some ideas here and hope it inspires you to make some quilling art with this new tutorial. Have fun watching the video tutorial below and happy quilling! :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for another great tutorial :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...